Monday, September 1, 2008

Famous Double Choc Bakes!

My colleague handed me a 'Famous Amos' Choc Chip Cookie recipe over at work one day. Well, with my last unsuccessful cookies, I was apprehensive but it looked simple and tempting to try. And I was dying to bake a choc cupcake from Cupcake Bakeshop. (I'm still in search of a perfect great choc cupcake recipe.)
So it was 'DOUBLE' choc baking night for me!


Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cupcakes by cupcakeblog






The mixture after beating butter, sugar and eggs. Do not over beat!




Adding the flours.




and the vanilla milk alternatively.






True enough, as per blogger's advice, the mixture was a wet one.






I was just as greedy as Cupcakeblog and didn't heed her advice. Stick to 2/3 or 1/2 full of batter, greedy pigs out there! Otherwise, the cupcakes will shrink and pull away from the cup cases.




It's a really moist and chocolaty cupcakes! Yes, I will use back this recipe when it's been called for.




My 2nd batch turned out better.




What a geat difference!



Recipe:
Makes 14 regular cupcakes

375 degree oven
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temp1
1/4 cups sugar2 large eggs, room temp
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk1 teaspoons vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Beat butter until softened. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined.
4. Measure the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder into a small sized bowl and whisk to combine.
5. Measure out the milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
6. Add about a third of the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar and beat to combine. Add about a half of the milk/vanilla and beat to combine. Continue adding, alternating between dry and wet and finishing with the dry.
7. Scoop batter into cupcake cups about 2/3’s full. Turn oven down to 350 degrees and bake cupcakes for about 22-25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.


Famous Amos Choc Chip Cookie




It's so easy, you just dump everitin into the bowl and mix! Okie, not all the ingredients. Just the wet ones and sugar.




Creamed mixture.




Combine the dry ingredients, including the choc chips.




And stir in the dry ones into the reamed mixture.




I muz say that's a whole lot to be baked... *yawn*




I'm a greedy monkey, so I like my cookies to be as big as those from Subway!




Well too big? I tink they look just fine and appetising.




Unfortunately, it's way past bed time, and I've to wake up for work the next day. So I packed 1 box for my greedy pigs at work, and another for my bro who was eyeing at them while I was baking!


Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Famous-Amos-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies/Detail.aspx


Ingredients:
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 tablespoon milk
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

Thoroughly cream sugars, margarine, oil, egg, milk and vanilla.
Add dry ingredients, nuts and chocolate chips.
Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8-12 minutes. (Cookies are light in color when done.)

It's not the end! Remember the rest of the mixture? I kept them in the fridge for a second round of baking. (Plus both my colleagues and my bro wants more as they were too delicious!)

The mixture turned brown overnight, different from yesterday's. It's also hardened and looked dried up! So I added more milk into the mixture, hoping it'll be easier to scoop and bake later.






The mixture didn't look any better but was softened alittle for baking.




The result was a very crispy and thin cookie.




And my colleagues didn't taste the 'Famous Amos' like cookies as the day before!



No comments: