Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Bone, A Paw and Cupcake for Ah Wang

I was prepared to have a baking marathon for these birthday treats for our dear colleague, Ah Wang. He's our 'dog' in the office. Yes, we bully him quite alot as we treat him as if he's one of the sisters too.
So what did I intend to bake? A dog bone biscuit for our dear 'dog' and some cupcakes as well.


Preparing the aluminium sheet for easy rolling of choc dough.





Without bone cookie cutter, I used a knife to cut out the rectangle shape, and rolled 4 small balls before flattening them.



I know they weren't the best-looking dog bones but it was still hard work to make them. My partner at work commented that they looked like flatten lizard!



Now for the dog paw. Using free-hand as well.



It was time to rest after these cookies were done. Another round of baking awaited the next evening!

On 2nd evening...


I started with baking Nigella's Vanilla Cupcakes.





Looking bouncy and full, didn't they?



Now for Chockylit's Vanilla Butter Cream.



I simply love this piping.







Finally, choc butter cream. What do ya think I was gonna do next with?



I piped another round of choc butter cream on top. Something different I would say.


Now for the cookies...



I melted strawberry choc for piping Ah Wang's initials on the cookies.









These would be Ah Wang's present and should last him for the next few days.



As there were a few extra cupcakes I baked with some batter, I decorated with the choc butter cream and strawberry choc. Hmmm... maybe this might be a source of design for my next cupcakes.

No comments: