Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Choc Cake for Seth's Teacher

After The Rascal's birthday, my sis asked me to prepare a cake, not cupcakes, for The Rascal's teacher. I wasn't confident with baking a whole cake since I've been baking cupcakes for some time already.

So I bought a pre-mix of Betty Crocker's Choc Cake instead of baking one from scratch.



The ingredients are simple; just eggs, corn oil and the pre-mix pack.



I tried the pre-mix before and it has never failed me.



The batter could make 2 layers of this size of the the pan.





Cooling the cake on the rack.



For the frosting, I melted 50g unsalted butter with 1o0g dark choc in a metal bowl over a pan of boiling water.



I'd some left over of Chockylit's vanilla and choc butter cream. Vanilla butter cream was used to sandwiched between the 2 layers.



I covered the top of the cake with the melted choc and the side with choc butter cream.



It's the first time I tried piping words on the cake. So... it's so fugly!



I mixed the remainder of both butter cream and piped out the rim of the cake.



My sis's feedback from the teacher was that the cake was very well-received by the teacher and students.


No comments: