Monday, July 7, 2008

Betty Crocker's Easy Cookies vs Hershey's

I haven't been baking cookies since secondary. Wowww... thinking back now, I was better at cookies than cakes then. My 1st baked choc cake was as flat as a flan! Kaka... Ever since baking starts to stir up within me, I wanted to rectify whatever mistakes I'd made.

Gradually, got myself hook to it. A change from cakes, I decided to try my hands at cookies after such a long while. To help me warm up the engine, I bought a Betty Crocker's cookies pre-mix.

Nevertheless, even a pre-mix may go wrong depending on the baker! HA!





Prepare mixture as per instruction.









The result? Cookies were alittle hard, maybe due to overbaking.

Still unsatisfied, I decided to have a go at it myself this time. I saved a few cookie recipes from Hersheys' website and made these Choc Chip Cookies.









The mixture is alittle (or alot) wet.





Once the dollops of mixture (I can't call it dough, can I?) started baking, they spread out and 'overlap' the each other.





The texture is like the softer version of meringue. But my bro likes them and brought a tub to office. I don't understand men's taste?!


No comments: