Thursday, December 18, 2008

Banana Cupcakes in 2 Loaf Tins

Happy Birthday Pig Head! And 2 loaves full of bananaz for her!

Lucky for me, she prefers banana and cheese to choc. What a relief as I'd run out of ideas for choc cupcakes or cakes alike.

But I was also clueless about the type of banana cakes to bake for her untill I read through one of the many blogs (which I'd forgotten whose) of a banana cupcake recipe.

The blogger was full of praise for the banana cupcakes. And I happened to have that recipe book as well. It was from Crazy About Cupcakes.



Mixing of the mashed bananaz into the creamed butter, sugar and eggs.



The batter after addition of the flours.



To enhance the banana cakes, I added streusel as well.



Half-way thru, I topped the cakes with the streusel.



Tadaaa... the aroma of the bananaz was fantastic!



And the cakes were really soft... too soft to be baked in a loaf tin indeed!

When I was lifting the cake out of the loaf tin to cool on the rack, in my haste, the a small piece tore apart from its bottom. I took it to my mouth and it tasted reeeeaaaallll good!



In order to decorate the cakes, I melted some butter and choc together to coat them 1st.



Banana 1



Banana 1 and 2.



I'd wanted to decorate them with whipping cream, which I bought off the shelf at a supermart. Unfortunately, they melted in less than 5mins. I was so disappointed as I wiped the melted cream off.

My plan didn't pull through so I could only wait till the evening itself just before Pig Head cut the cakes.

No comments: