Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My 1st Cupcake Sale

Piggy Gerry has ordered choc chip cupcakes for her colleague's birthday from me. That's my 1st sale, and I want to do the best. After much thought, I decided on Mint Choc Cupcakes of 500 Cupcakes and Muffins. But Piggy Gerry isn't keen on the mint, so I did w/o it.




Beat the butter and sugar 1st before adding the eggs.



Adding the flours, including the cocoa powder. After which, I dropped in the vanilla instead of mint essence and stirred in the choc chips.



Bake at preheated oven at 160 Deg C for 20mins.

But as usual, it took a longer time to bake the cupcakes.





The cupcakes turned out flat, similar to the ones shown in the book.



I followed the mint choc cupcakes' icing except for the mint essence and also added pink instead of green food colouring. It's for a gal, so they must be sweet looking of course!



I just bought a new piping tip. A great opportunity to put to use on the b'dae cupcakes.



Oooohhh... the deadly PINK buttercream.



Piggy Gerry also requested that I piped 'S' as the B'dae Gal's initial.

Unfortunately, my skill has yet make its mark.



I hope they would enjoy these at dinner the following night. Kinda worry alittle... of the comments that her colleagues will make [v_v]"


No comments: